2021 Classroom Technology Grant Applications now being accepted.
NOTE: The Classroom Technology Awards grant programs is NOT the same as the Bright Ideas grant program. They are 2 separate and distinct programs.
- Wake Electric seeks Classroom Technology Awards grant applicants from North Carolina public school teachers serving 1) grades K-12 and 2) area community colleges.
- Public school and community college teachers in Durham, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Nash, Vance and Wake counties are eligible to apply.
- Grants of up to $3,000 will be awarded in any discipline for specific technology such as computers, tablets, 3D printers, Chromebooks, SMART boards, software, etc. The technology must benefit the students in the classroom. The deadline for teachers to submit an application for the 2021 CT grants is September 15, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
- Wake Electric will distribute up to $20,000 in Classroom Technology Awards funds.
- Grants are to be used during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Areas of interest to our judges are originality, creativity, Innovation, grammar, punctuation and thoroughness.
To Apply for a Classroom Technology Grant click CTG Application
If you have received a CTA grant in the past, in order to be eligible to receive a 2021 grant, you must provide a one page typed summary of the project outlining how the project proved successful and/or benefited your students. Photos and samples of projects are welcomed and encouraged.
2020 Classroom Technology Grant Winners
Ten teachers in Durham, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Nash and Wake counties were awarded a 2020 Classroom Technology grant. The total amount of grant monies awarded is $23,643.50
The funds for the Classroom Technology grants come from WEMC members who agree to round up their light bill to the nearest whole dollar through the WE Care Program. For example, if the bill is $190.91 – the bill will be rounded up 9 cents to $191.00. These pennies add up to major dollars.
Wake Electric is a non-profit electric utility serving over 49,000 consumers in parts of Durham, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Nash, Vance, and Wake counties.
If you have questions about this or any other grant programs at Wake Electric, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-863-6440 or 1-800-474-6300.