Applications for 2018/2019 are no longer being accepted. The final deadline to submit was Sept. 12. Everyone who submitted an application by the deadline will be notified of their grant status in October. Grants will only be awarded to North Carolina teachers in Durham, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Nash, Vance, and Wake counties.
An online application can be completed by clicking on this link: Classroom Technology Grant Application (note: only online applications will be accepted).
NOTE: The Classroom Technology Awards grant programs is NOT the same as the Bright Ideas grant program. They are 2 separate and distinct programs. On-line applications for the Bright Ideas grants is available at www.ncbrightideas.com.
- Wake Electric seeks Classroom Technology Awards grant applicants from North Carolina public school teachers serving 1) grades K-12 and 2) area community colleges.
- Public school and community college teachers in Durham, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Nash, Vance and Wake counties are eligible to apply.
- Grants of up to $3,000 will be awarded in any discipline for specific technology such as computers, tablets, 3D printers, Chromebooks, SMART boards, software, etc. The technology must benefit the students in the classroom. Wake Electric will distribute up to $20,000 in Classroom Technology Awards funds.
- Grants are to be used during the 2018-2019 school year.
- Areas of interest to our judges are originality, creativity, Innovation, grammar, punctuation and thoroughness.
If you have received a CTA grant in the past, in order to be eligible to receive a 2018 grant, you must provide a one page typed summary of the project outlining how the project proved successful and/or benefited your students. Photos and samples of projects are welcomed and encouraged.
Last year’s 2017/2018 Classroom Technology grant winners:
Seven teachers in Durham, Johnston and Wake counties were awarded a 2017 Classroom Technology grant. The total amount given was close to $20,000.
|Esta Lampkin||Zebulon Gifted & Talented Magnet Middle||Zebulon|
|Henrietta Vazquez||East Wake Middle||Raleigh|
|Rikki Gibbs||East Wake Academy||Knightdale|
|Beth Kilburn||Leesville Road High||Raleigh|
|Amy Jenkins||Southern School of Energy and Sustainability||Durham|
|Lisa Estep||West View Elementary||Garner|
|Laura Muse||Jeffreys Grove Spanish Language Immersion Magnet Elementary||Raleigh|