Wake Electric is committed to giving our members several options to pay bills in order to make it as convenient as possible:
NOTE: One of our newest ways to pay: MoneyGram – make real time cash payments [NOTE: MoneyGram is not the same as the payment option Check Free, which can also be done at Walmart – see Check Free information at the bottom of the page. Check at the register to make sure you are making your chosen type of payment.]
MoneyGram is one of Wake Electric’s newest, convenient ways to make real-time payments. You can find MoneyGram kiosks in over 40,000 U.S. retailers like CVS and Walmart, and many more locations:
- Find your nearest MoneyGram retailer at www.MoneyGram.com/BillPayLocations
- Members will need to fill out a hard-copy blue form at Walmart. Members will need to use a kiosk or phone at their local CVS. (Payment processes may vary depending on your location. Simply ask an associate for help.)
- Members can choose to use a PIN debit option or cash at Walmart stores. Cash only at CVS.
- The charge for each transaction is $1.50. This allows for a “real-time” payment posting to our payment gateway.
- The receipt number for members is 15417. This number is essential when processing payments.
- You’ll also need cash for your payment (plus the MoneyGram fee) and your Wake Electric account number.
- Wake Electric also offers another payment posting option, CheckFree, which is 1 and 3 day payment posting. If there is an associate assisting you, be sure to indicate whether you are choosing CheckFree or MoneyGram for payment.
“Pay Now” is an easy way to pay your Wake Electric bill quickly and securely online without needing to enter a user name or password. All you need is your name and account number along with your credit card or checking account information.
- Save the cost of a printed check-an average of 9 to 15 cents per check
- Save the cost of a First Class postage stamp
- Save time-you don’t have to write or mail a check
- Have peace of mind knowing your payment is always on time
- Choose from three dates to have your account drafted
- And best of all-Bank Draft is a FREE service
SmartHub is a convenient two-way communication app that allows members to access their Wake Electric account information through personal computers and mobile devices, including iPhone, iPad and Android smart phones and tablets. It allows members to pay their bill immediately with secure online payments and includes many, many other features.
4. Pay by mail, phone, or in-person
- Pay by mail
If you would like to pay by mail, send to:
P.O. Box 1229
Wake Forest, NC 27588
- Pay by phone
You can pay by phone either through our dedicated pay-by-phone service at 866.999.4593
Wake Electric’s call center at 800.474.6300 or 919.863.6300
- Pay in person
You can visit our customer service office located in downtown Wake Forest at:
100 S. Franklin Street
Wake Forest, NC 27587
Wake Electric’s SmartHub users can access their cooperative through their smart home device and perform several functions including retrieving your bill balance, checking on outages, getting timely news alerts from Wake Electric and paying a bill through a stored payment option. Get started today!
6. Pay at a Walmart with Check Free [NOTE: This is not the same as paying via MoneyGram mentioned above, which can also be paid at Walmart – for information on this see MoneyGram section. Be sure to note at the register which type of payment you are making].
Did you know you can pay your Wake Electric bill in person at any Walmart store in the country through Check Free ? Just take your Wake Electric bill stub to a Walmart MoneyCenter or the Customer Service desk. You can pay with cash, Walmart MoneyCard or PIN-based debit card. (Sorry, no money orders, checks or credit cards).
Members can elect two options at these stores:
- one day processing via Check Free
- three day processing via Check Free
Walmart charges a small processing fee for taking your payment, based on the payment processing option you select. Payment at Walmart is much like putting your payment in the mail. We urge members to make in-person payments at Walmart a minimum of five business days before the bill is due. In this way, you can be assured the payment will arrive on time.
You will be given a receipt. Be sure to take a few moments to verify the information on the receipt, including the last four digits of your account number, the utility paid (e.g., Wake Electric), and the amount paid.