2020/2021 Bright Ideas Grant winners announced!
- Information on the Bright Ideas grant program can be found at www.ncbrightideas.com.
- Teachers in public schools in Durham, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Nash, Vance and Wake counties are eligible to apply for a Wake Electric Bright ideas grant. To determine if your school is eligible for a Wake Electric Bright Ideas grant, go to www.ncbrightideas.com.
- Wake Electric has allocated $50,000 for classroom-based projects through the Bright Ideas education grant program for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Grants of up to $3,000 available. The deadline for teachers to submit an application for the 2020 grants was September 15, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
- Since 1994, Wake Electric has given a total of $934,477.00 in Bright Ideas grants to public school teachers in Durham, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Nash, Vance and Wake counties.
- Bright Ideas grants help finance innovative classroom projects that would be otherwise not receive funding. Over the years, North Carolina’s Touchstone Energy cooperative, including Wake Electric, have sponsored a variety of hands-on projects, including activities in music, art, history, language, math, science, career-planning and information technology.
2020/2021 Bright Ideas Teacher Grant winners
23 teachers in Durham, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Nash/Rocky Mount, and Wake counties have been awarded the 2020 Bright Ideas grants. The grants will be used for a variety of classroom programs throughout the school year. Grant winners are:
The funds for the Bright Ideas grants come from WEMC members who participate in the WE Care program. For example, if the bill is $190.91 – the bill will be rounded up 9 cents to $191.00. These pennies add up to major dollars. Partial funding also comes from the North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation, located in Raleigh, NC. The NCEMC consists of a family of corporations formed to support the state’s 27 electric cooperatives.
Wake Electric is a non-profit electric utility serving over 49,000 consumers in parts of Durham, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Nash, Vance, and Wake counties.
If you have questions about this or any other grant programs at Wake Electric, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-863-6312 or 1-800-474-6300.