Wake Electric’s 2018 Annual Meeting
Wake Electric will hold its 2018 Annual Meeting on Friday, March 23, 2018 at the Louisburg College Auditorium in Louisburg, NC. Registration starts at 5:30 p.m. and the business meeting will start at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will include:
- the opportunity to hear business updates and a presentation from Jim Mangum, CEO and general manager
- the chance to ask senior management questions about Wake Electric
- there will be special activities for school-aged children K-6th grade during the meeting
- members in attendance will be entered into a drawing for $5,000 in cash prizes. The prizes are: 1 first-place grand prize of $1,000, 2 second-place prizes of $500 each, 4 third-place prizes of $250 and 20 fourth-place prizes of $100 each. (See list of 2017 winners below)
- members in attendance will receive a free gift from Wake Electric (one gift per household) and other freebies from our participating vendors
If you have questions about the annual meeting, please call 919.863.6300 or 1.800.474.6300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cooperative directors up for re-election for 2018 Annual Meeting for 3-year terms are: District 2, Greg Fuller, Zebulon; District 5, Suzy Morgan, Wake Forest; District 7, Rodney Privette, Rolesville
Last spring’s 2017 Annual Meeting prize winners: 573 area members attended Wake Electric’s 2017 Annual Meeting at Louisburg College Auditorium on March 24. Winners of the cash prize drawing were as follows:
|Clarence & Sherlean Brownson||Kittrell|
|Elizabeth Lowery||Wake Forest|
|Donna & James Maher||Youngsville|
|John & Nancy Midgette||Wake Forest|
|Lawrence Domonkos||Wake Forest|
|Dawn Nakash||Wake Forest|
|Richard Gill III||Kittrell|
GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF $1,000 – Michael and Wanda Clark of Youngsville were the big cash prize drawing winner. Mr. Clark is pictured with Reuben Matthews, president of the board of directors for Wake Electric, (district 9).
NOTE: Wake Electric has a policy that if we draw the registration card 1) of a church,business or civic organization, or 2) of an employee of Wake Electric who is also a member or 3) of a board of director of Wake Electric who is also a member, then we will grant that member a cash prize, but will draw again until a non-employee, residential account is drawn. When this occurs, more cash prizes are awarded than the number of cash prizes originally advertised. This year, Neuse Baptist Church was in the $500 category, Gold Mine Lodge #343 was in the $100 category, and Board Member Reuben Matthews was in the $100 category.