Wake Electric’s 2021 Drive-Through Annual Meeting
Wake Electric will conduct its 2021 Annual Meeting through a combination of drive-through registration and voting with a virtual format for the business meeting.
Date: Saturday, April 24
Time: Drive-through registration and voting will be conducted from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; the virtual business meeting will be broadcast beginning at 5 p.m. online at the top of this page on wemc.com/annual-meeting.
Location: Wake Electric’s Wake Forest and Youngsville offices
For the first time, Wake Electric will conduct the registration and voting portion of the Annual Meeting through a drive-through at our Wake Forest and Youngsville offices. Specific instructions will be provided at each location in order to allow members to register and vote.
For the safety of our members and employees, Wake Electric will conduct its 2021 Annual Meeting through a combination of drive-through registration and voting with a virtual format for the business meeting. There will be no in-person business meeting this year. Members will have the opportunity to register and vote for their Board of Directors on Saturday, April 24 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at our two office locations in Wake Forest and Youngsville from the safety of their vehicles. When you register and vote, you will be entered to win cash prize giveaways up to $1,000, and the first 1,000 members who register will receive $25 Wal-Mart gift cards.
Important takeaways regarding our 2021 Annual Meeting:
- Due to uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, there will be no in-person Annual Meeting.
- Register and vote for your Board of Directors in a drive-through process at our Wake Forest or Youngsville office on Saturday, April 24 from 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. You will receive your registration card next month on the April Carolina Country magazine.
- $25 Wal-Mart gift cards will be available to the first 1,000 members who participate in the drive-through registration. All members who participate in the drive-through registration will also be entered to win cash prize giveaways up to $1,000.
- Drive-through registration will count as attendance at the meeting. Since directors’ seats up for election are uncontested, registration will constitute an affirmative vote for each uncontested candidate in each of the six seats up for election.
- You can view the virtual business portion of the Annual Meeting on April 24 at 5 p.m. online at the top of this webpage.