Wake Electric is seeking applications from high school students for the Electric Cooperative Youth Tour to Washington, D.C. The Youth Tour allows students to experience Washington, D.C., and learn more about how they can make a difference as young adults. Tourists will visit the Washington Monument, pay their respects at Arlington National Cemetery, meet elected officials and tour Smithsonian museums, all while building connections with peers and future leaders from across the nation.
Wake Electric will sponsor 2 local students to join the June 15 – 21, 2019 Youth Tour. The all-expense paid, week long tour is hosted by electric cooperatives nationwide and is a tradition more than 50 years strong. About 1,800 students from more than 40 states are expected to participate in 2019, and North Carolina’s electric cooperatives will send a delegation of nearly 45 students.
Students entering their senior year in Fall 2018 are eligible to attend and are encouraged to apply. Applications for Youth Tour are available at www.wemc.com – click on “Youth Tour” under the “Our Community” menu. Applications are due Dec. 12.
- Franklin Academy’s Second-Graders Help Open the Giving Fence
- 2023-2024 Bright Ideas Grant Winners Announced
- Wake Electric Announces Residential Rate Adjustment
- Wake Electric Lineworker Puts Lifesaving Skills to the Test at State Rescue Competition
- Wake Electric Welcomes Newest Board Member Jackie Ellis Thompson, Sr.