Wake Electric is now accepting applications for two different grant programs:
- Bright Ideas education grants of up to $3,000 for the 2015-2016 school year.
Teachers in K-12 public school classrooms with creative ideas for hands-on learning projects are encouraged to apply. The schools must be in Durham, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Nash, Vance and Wake counties. Grant applications will be accepted from April 1 through September 15 at 5 p.m. All teachers who submit their applications by the early bird deadline of August 15 will be entered into a drawing for one of five $100 gift cards.
Teachers can apply individually or as a team, and grants are available for all subjects. To apply visit us online.
- Classroom Technology grants of up to $3,000 will be awarded to area K-12 public school teachers as well as community college teachers.
The grants, to be used during the 2014-2015 school year, will be awarded in any discipline or subject for specific technology such as computers, digital cameras and software. The deadline to apply is September 15 at 5 p.m. To apply or find out if your school is eligible, go to online.
- Franklin Academy’s Second-Graders Help Open the Giving Fence
- 2023-2024 Bright Ideas Grant Winners Announced
- Wake Electric Announces Residential Rate Adjustment
- Wake Electric Lineworker Puts Lifesaving Skills to the Test at State Rescue Competition
- Wake Electric Welcomes Newest Board Member Jackie Ellis Thompson, Sr.