Wake Forest, NC— Wake Electric has awarded 17 college scholarships equaling a total of $22,000.
The $2,000 Fred M. Alford Schlolarship award was awarded to Catherine Elizabeth Keel of Franklin Academy.
The Touchstone Energy Scholarship winners ($1,250 each) are:
1. Allie Kristin Mobley of Wake Forest High School
2. Taylor Erin Williams of Franklinton High School
3. Savannah Jane Bower of Appalachian State University
4. Christina Miller of East Wake High School of Health & Science
5. Scottlin Olivia Davis of Wake Forest High School
6. Abby Grace Trotter of Appalachian State University
7. Sinclair Donye Lennon of Heritage High School
8. Andrew Rather of NC State University
9. Brittany Mechel Champion of Vance Granville Community College
10. Morgan Bishop Wilder of East Wake School of Engineering Systems
11. Tara Elizabeth Williams of UNC Chapel Hill
12. Shannon Elizabeth Stephens of Wake Forest High School
13. Jala Monique Robinson of Wake Forest High School
14. Amanda K Levy of UNC Pembroke
15. Cassidy Adele Young of Franklinton High School
16. Emily Gordon McGhee of Franklinton High School
Funding for scholarships is made possible by Wake Electric members and Wake Electric employees through the Operation Round-Up Program, a voluntary program in which members offer to round up their electric bill to the nearest whole dollar. For example, if the bill is $104.91, the bill will be rounded up 9 cents to $105.00.
Congratulations to this year’s scholarship winners! This is just another way Wake Electric is committed to education and our youth.