Wake Forest, NC— Starting January 1, Wake Electric will be seeking applicants for a $1,000 scholarship for college, plus a free, all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, D.C., for the 2014 Rural Electric Youth Tour. The trip is set to be held June 14-20, 2014.
Students who attend the Youth Tour will join 1,500 high school students from across the U.S. to learn about electric
cooperatives, American history and the United States government. Students will also visit the historic sites of the nation’s capital.
Applicants must be current high school juniors in Wake, Durham, Johnston, Vance, Granville, Nash, or Franklin counties. Students do not have to live in households served by Wake Electric in order to win.
For more information on eligibility or to download an application, please visit www.wemc.com/youthtours.aspx. The deadline to submit applications to the Youth Tour program is March 14, 2014, by 5 p.m.
Students must go on the trip to Washington, D.C. to receive the college scholarship and will be asked to meet with Wake Electric before going on the trip for a short orientation.
If you have any questions, please contact Wake Electric
at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 863-6312.
- Franklin Academy’s Second-Graders Help Open the Giving Fence
- 2023-2024 Bright Ideas Grant Winners Announced
- Wake Electric Announces Residential Rate Adjustment
- Wake Electric Lineworker Puts Lifesaving Skills to the Test at State Rescue Competition
- Wake Electric Welcomes Newest Board Member Jackie Ellis Thompson, Sr.