Wake Forest, NC— Wake Electric hosted three Member Advisory Committee (MAC) Meetings in October, and they were a great success! More than 160 members attended and heard Jim Mangum, general manager and CEO of Wake Electric, discuss how electricity generation in North Carolina from older, coal-fired power plants is ending, as well as proposed EPA regulation of carbon dioxide emissions under the Clean Air Act.
Members enjoyed a delicious meal, as well as fellowship with one another. There were also several drawings for $25 credits on members’ electric bills.
The next round of MAC meetings will be in February 2014, so stay tuned for more information in the January edition of ElectriConnection or visit www.wemc.com/membermeetings.aspx.
We hope to see you there!
- Franklin Academy’s Second-Graders Help Open the Giving Fence
- 2023-2024 Bright Ideas Grant Winners Announced
- Wake Electric Announces Residential Rate Adjustment
- Wake Electric Lineworker Puts Lifesaving Skills to the Test at State Rescue Competition
- Wake Electric Welcomes Newest Board Member Jackie Ellis Thompson, Sr.