Vegetation Management: Underground Transformers
Wake Electric will be performing inspections of underground transformers in our service territory. Underground transformers are the large green boxes located on or near your property that help provide power to your home. Wake Electric may need to clear trees, shrubs, bushes or other plants to access around the transformers and equipment for inspection and to ensure their continued safe use. For your safety, please avoid the bucket trucks, cones and other equipment you see in your area.
Please note that this work is often conducted by two sets of crews over a few days. One crew will cut the branches and a second crew will follow up to pick up and mulch. There may be several days between each crew’s arrival. When our crews are finished your area should be clean and clear of debris, however we will not replace or repair landscaping. If you have questions, please call us at 919.863.6300 or visit our Vegetation Management page to learn more.
- Franklin Academy’s Second-Graders Help Open the Giving Fence
- 2023-2024 Bright Ideas Grant Winners Announced
- Wake Electric Announces Residential Rate Adjustment
- Wake Electric Lineworker Puts Lifesaving Skills to the Test at State Rescue Competition
- Wake Electric Welcomes Newest Board Member Jackie Ellis Thompson, Sr.