2021 Annual Meeting
Wake Electric’s 2021 Drive-Through Annual Meeting
Wake Electric conducted its 2021 Annual Meeting through a combination of drive-through registration and voting with a virtual format for the business meeting.
Date: Saturday, April 24
Time: Drive-through registration and voting were conducted from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; the virtual business meeting was broadcast beginning at 5 p.m. online at the top of this page on wemc.com/annual-meeting.
Location: Wake Electric’s Wake Forest and Youngsville offices
For the first time, Wake Electric conducted the registration and voting portion of the Annual Meeting through a drive-through at our Wake Forest and Youngsville offices. Specific instructions were provided at each location in order to allow members to register and vote.
Cash prize winners:
|Donald Roberts||Oxford||$ 100.00|
|Anthony Barnes||Middlesex||$ 100.00|
|James Goodine||Oxford||$ 100.00|
|Reesie Mitchell||Franklinton||$ 100.00|
|Rubert Jones||Durham||$ 100.00|
|Freda Vick||Zebulon||$ 100.00|
|Ann Lynch||Durham||$ 100.00|
|Martha Mason||Bullock||$ 100.00|
|Mildred Perry||Youngsville||$ 100.00|
|Sandra Hooker||Wake Forest||$ 100.00|
|Donald Bailey||Wake Forest||$ 100.00|
|Larry G. Winstead||Louisburg||$ 100.00|
|David Huffine||Wake Forest||$ 100.00|
|Phyllis Williams||Louisburg||$ 100.00|
|Allen Stallings||Youngsville||$ 100.00|
|Kenneth Pearce||Wake Forest||$ 100.00|
|James Milligan||Wake Forest||$ 100.00|
|Josette Walker||Creedmoor||$ 100.00|
|Marjorie Stoddard||Wake Forest||$ 100.00|
|Mary Tisdale||Kittrell||$ 100.00|
|Fred Keller, Jr.||Youngsville||$ 100.00||Employee|
|Scottie Cash||Louisburg||$ 100.00||Employee|
|Larry D. Winstead||Wake Forest||$ 250.00|
|George Akers||Creedmoor||$ 250.00|
|Barbara Smith||Wake Forest||$ 250.00|
|Ponchita Cotton||Franklinton||$ 250.00|
|Alicia Baker||Youngsville||$ 500.00|
|Calvin Whitley||Middlesex||$ 500.00|
|Peace Chapel Church||Oxford||$ 500.00||Organization|
Pictured above: $1,000 Grant Prize Winner Tony Cozart from Oxford.
Cooperative directors re-elected at the 2021 Annual Meeting for 3-year terms are:
Directors 2020 Term:
– District 3, Mike Dickerson
– District 6, Bob Hill
– District 9, Reuben Matthews
Directors 2021 Term:
– District 2, Greg Fuller
– District 5, Suzy Morgan
– District 7, Rodney Privette
If you have questions about the annual meeting, please call 919.863.6300 or 1.800.474.6300 or email email@example.com.
NOTE: Wake Electric has a policy that if we draw the registration card 1) of a church, business or civic organization, or 2) of an employee of Wake Electric who is also a member or 3) of a board of director of Wake Electric who is also a member, then we will grant that member a cash prize, but will draw again until a non-employee, residential account is drawn. When this occurs, more cash prizes are awarded than the number of cash prizes originally advertised.
For the safety of our members and employees, Wake Electric will conduct its 2021 Annual Meeting through a combination of drive-through registration and voting with a virtual format for the business meeting. There will be no in-person business meeting this year. Members will have the opportunity to register and vote for their Board of Directors on Saturday, April 24 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at our two office locations in Wake Forest and Youngsville from the safety of their vehicles. When you register and vote, you will be entered to win cash prize giveaways up to $1,000, and the first 1,000 members who register will receive $25 Wal-Mart gift cards.
Important takeaways regarding our 2021 Annual Meeting:
- Due to uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, there will be no in-person Annual Meeting.
- Register and vote for your Board of Directors in a drive-through process at our Wake Forest or Youngsville office on Saturday, April 24 from 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. You will receive your registration card next month on the April Carolina Country magazine.
- $25 Wal-Mart gift cards will be available to the first 1,000 members who participate in the drive-through registration. All members who participate in the drive-through registration will also be entered to win cash prize giveaways up to $1,000.
- Drive-through registration will count as attendance at the meeting. Since directors’ seats up for election are uncontested, registration will constitute an affirmative vote for each uncontested candidate in each of the six seats up for election.
- You can view the virtual business portion of the Annual Meeting on April 24 at 5 p.m. online at the top of this webpage.