On Monday, April 13, Wake Electric will join other electric cooperatives across our state and nation to celebrate Lineworker Appreciation Day, an annual tribute to the outstanding contributions of our lineworkers.
“North Carolina has been hit hard by hurricanes and storms in recent years, and our lineworkers have gone above and beyond to serve our members,” said Jim Mangum, Wake Electric’s general manager and CEO. “They work in extremely challenging conditions to provide the power we all depend on, and we’re proud to honor their skill, dedication and expertise.”
In addition to serving their own communities, lineworkers are also called on to aid others in times of great need. This commitment to “cooperation among cooperatives” is one of the principles that sets electric cooperatives apart and demonstrates the true strength of our national cooperative network.
While Wake Electric appreciates the work of our lineworkers every day, the second Monday in April is set aside each year to thank them and give them much-deserved recognition. Please help us thank our lineworkers for all they do using the hashtag.
- Franklin Academy’s Second-Graders Help Open the Giving Fence
- 2023-2024 Bright Ideas Grant Winners Announced
- Wake Electric Announces Residential Rate Adjustment
- Wake Electric Lineworker Puts Lifesaving Skills to the Test at State Rescue Competition
- Wake Electric Welcomes Newest Board Member Jackie Ellis Thompson, Sr.