Weather reports are predicting a winter storm event in and around the Triangle from late Thursday through Saturday. Possible freezing rain and sleet could lead to power outages across Wake Electric’s service territory in parts of Franklin, Durham, Johnston, Granville, Nash, Vance and Wake counties. If you see a downed power line, you should assume it is energized and stay away from it – then …call Wake Electric to report it. Wake Electric employees are closely monitoring weather reports and are preparing for adverse weather conditions and are on alert to handle power outages and other weather-related issues.
To report outages, call 919-863-6499 or 1-800-743-3155. You can also view our real-time outage map at www.wemc.com to see where outages are occurring at any given time.
Wake Electric urges members to:
• Check supplies of flashlights, batteries, bottled water, non-perishable foods, medicines, etc.
• Keep a portable, battery-operated radio, TV or NOAA weather radio on hand
• Charge all mobile devices
• Do not heat your home with a gas grill or bring a generator inside. This equipment should only be used outdoors in well-ventilated areas.
• Check on family members, friends and neighbors who have special medical needs or who are elderly to ensure they have necessary emergency supplies.
Wake Electric is a non-profit electric cooperative based in Youngsville, NC currently serving 40,500 members in parts of Franklin, Durham, Johnston, Granville, Nash, Vance and Wake counties.