Wake Forest, N.C.- Newman I. “Bill” Bailey of Wake Electric Membership Corporation (Wake EMC) has been recognized for 35 years of service to the electric cooperative. Bailey resides in Wake Forest, NC. He represents district two in Wake Electric’s service territory, which includes the portion of the Cooperative’s service area located in Wake County east of N.C. Highway 50; north of the Neuse River; west of U.S. Highway 1 until it intersects with U.S. Highway 1-A south of Wake Forest, then west of U.S. 1-A.
The commendable service award was presented at the North Carolina Association of Electric Cooperatives’ (NCAEC) annual meeting on April 2. NCAEC is the trade association for the 26 electric cooperatives in North Carolina, including Wake EMC.
The cooperatives provide reliable, safe and affordable electricity to more than 950,000 homes, farms and businesses in North Carolina. The co-ops are not-for-profit organizations that are member owned and overseen by a board of directors elected by the membership.
- Franklin Academy’s Second-Graders Help Open the Giving Fence
- 2023-2024 Bright Ideas Grant Winners Announced
- Wake Electric Announces Residential Rate Adjustment
- Wake Electric Lineworker Puts Lifesaving Skills to the Test at State Rescue Competition
- Wake Electric Welcomes Newest Board Member Jackie Ellis Thompson, Sr.