WAKE FOREST, NC— Wake Electric has awarded 17 college scholarships equaling a total of $22,000.
The $2,000 Fred M. Alford Memorial Scholarship was awarded to Catherine Mary Foley of Wake Forest-Rolesville High School.
The Touchstone Energy Scholarship winners ($1,250 each) are:
1. Mary Stuart Privette of Wake Forest-Rolesville High School
2. Chad Matthew Kibbe of Bunn High School
3. Andrew Stone Rather of W G Enloe High School
4. Maurice Savage of NC State University
5. Charlotte Michaela Burroughs of Granville Central High School
6. Devin Hoffman of Franklinton High School
7. Jeremy Daniel Boudah of Heritage High School
8. Nicholas Savage of NC State University
9. Benjamin Daniel Keel of NC State University
10. Molly Hendricks Boutwell of Louisburg High School
11. Abby Grace Trotter of Franklinton High School
12. Melanie Dawn McCaskey of Appalachian State University
13. Meredith Elizabeth Lee of North Raleigh Christian Academy
14. Justin Baldwin of Heritage High School
15. Dustin Michael Burleson of UNC Chapel Hill
16. Havanna Edelle Keeton of UNC Chapel Hill
Funding for scholarships is made possible by Wake Electric members and Wake Electric employees through the Operation Round-Up Program, a voluntary program in which members offer to round up their electric bill to the nearest whole dollar. For example, if the bill is $104.91, the bill will be rounded up 9 cents to $105.00.
Wake Electric is a non-profit electric utility serving more than 37,000 consumers in parts of Durham, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Nash, Vance and Wake counties.