Wake Forest, NC— Properly installed shades can be one of the most effective ways to use your windows for energy efficiency. Lower shades during summer and, in winter, raise them during the day and lower back at night on south-facing windows. Dual shades, with reflective white coating on one side and a heat-absorbing dark color on the other, can be reversed with the seasons and save even more money. Learn more at EnergySavers.com.
Source: U.S. Department of Energy
- Franklin Academy’s Second-Graders Help Open the Giving Fence
- 2023-2024 Bright Ideas Grant Winners Announced
- Wake Electric Announces Residential Rate Adjustment
- Wake Electric Lineworker Puts Lifesaving Skills to the Test at State Rescue Competition
- Wake Electric Welcomes Newest Board Member Jackie Ellis Thompson, Sr.