WAKE FOREST, NC— Wake Electric will be holding a drawing on January 20 for its “Give Us an A” program. The co-op will award 40 U.S. Savings Bonds for $50 each to area students who received at least one “A” (or its equivalent) on their report cards.
Students in any grade in Durham, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Nash, Vance and Wake counties are eligible to apply. Students do not have to live in a household served by Wake Electric in order to be eligible to apply.
To enter, students should include:
– A copy of the report card with any “A”s highlighted
– Parents’ or guardians’ names (if applicable)
– Home address
– Email address that is checked regularly
– School attending
– Telephone number
Entries should be mailed to Wake Electric, Post Office Box 1229, Wake Forest, NC 27588. Be sure to put the entry to the attention of “Give Us an A” Contest. Students can also fax their entries to the co-op at 919.863.6430.
Funding for the “Give Us an A” program is made possible by Wake Electric members through the Operation RoundUp program. Members who sign up to participate in the Operation RoundUp program elect to have their monthly electric bill rounded up to the next whole dollar. These pennies collectively add up to major dollars for community programs.
For information on Wake Electric’s “Give Us an A” program, go to www.wemc.com/giveusana.aspx.
- Franklin Academy’s Second-Graders Help Open the Giving Fence
- 2023-2024 Bright Ideas Grant Winners Announced
- Wake Electric Announces Residential Rate Adjustment
- Wake Electric Lineworker Puts Lifesaving Skills to the Test at State Rescue Competition
- Wake Electric Welcomes Newest Board Member Jackie Ellis Thompson, Sr.