A lot of us, in our homes, have switched out a few bulbs here and there and replaced them with energy efficient ones, but not all. Did you know an average household dedicates about 5% of its energy budget to lighting. Switching to energy-efficient lighting is one of the fastest ways to cut your energy bills. By replacing your home’s five most frequently used light fixtures or bulbs with models that have earned the ENERGY STAR rating, you can save as much as $75 each year.
But be prepared to pay more upfront for some of the bulbs you choose. Lighting experts say that LEDs are the best choice for energy efficiency. Though they do cost more—they can last for up to two decades, save you 75 percent or more in energy costs, and offer superior color and brightness. However, they can cost an estimated $10 to $60 per bulb.
- Franklin Academy’s Second-Graders Help Open the Giving Fence
- 2023-2024 Bright Ideas Grant Winners Announced
- Wake Electric Announces Residential Rate Adjustment
- Wake Electric Lineworker Puts Lifesaving Skills to the Test at State Rescue Competition
- Wake Electric Welcomes Newest Board Member Jackie Ellis Thompson, Sr.