Beware of Phone Scams
If you are contacted by someone claiming to represent Wake Electric who wants an immediate payment and threatens to cut off power, hang up and call Wake Electric at 800.474.6300 to verify it’s a scam.
– Wake Electric will never threaten to cut your power off immediately without payment.
– If you receive a call, do not give out personal information like your credit card number, bank account information or your social security number.
– Hang up and call us at 800.474.6300 to verify account status.
– Do not open suspicious emails. Call us at 800.474.6300 to report questionable activity.
– Don’t be rushed or pressured. Take the time to contact your co-op and verify information.