Mark your calendars! Wake Electric’s 2017 Annual Meeting set for Friday, March 24, 2017!
Recap of Wake Electric’s 2016 Annual Meeting
Wake Electric held its 2016 Annual Meeting on Friday, March 4, 2016 at the Louisburg College Auditorium in Louisburg, NC. A total of 604 members and their guest attended the meeting. Members had:
- the opportunity to hear business updates and a presentation from Jim Mangum, CEO and general manager.
- the chance to ask senior management questions about Wake Electric.
- Presentation of Certificate of Appreciation for form Board president, Roy Ed Jones, Jr.
- there was special activities for school-aged children K-6th grade during the meeting.
- members in attendance were entered into a drawing for $5,000 in cash prizes. The prizes were 1 first-place grand prize of $1,000, 2 second-place prizes of $500 each, 4 third-place prizes of $250 and 20 fourth-place prizes of $100 each. (See list of 2016 winners below.)
- members in attendance received a free gift from Wake Electric (one gift per household) and other freebies from our participating vendors.
If you have questions about the annual meeting, please call 919.863.6300 or 1.800.474.6300 or email email@example.com.
Cooperative directors re-elected during the 2016 Annual Meeting for 3-year terms were: Allen Nelson of Stovall (District 1), Joe Hilburn, Raleigh (District 4) and Joe Eddins of Zebulon (District 8).
2016 Annual Meeting Prize Winners 604 area members attended Wake Electric’s 2016 Annual Meeting at Louisburg College Auditorium on March 4. Winners of the cash prize drawing were as follows: $100 Winners
|Kevin Murphy||Wake Forest|
|Eugene Knight||Wake Forest|
|Marjorie J Stoddard||Wake Forest|
|Chris A Bunn||Franklinton|
|George L Bullock||Oxford|
|George L Dais||Louisburg|
|Shirley D Strickland||Louisburg|
|Jerome S Cox||Wake Forest|
|Teddy C Finch||Youngsville|
|Dorothy J Henderson||Oxford|
|Michael Dishman||Wake Forest|
|Susan E Williams||Franklinton|
|John R Green||Louisburg|
|Dan R Surles||Wake Forest|
|Louise M Boyd||Oxford|
|Betty M Taylor||Kittrell|
|Leamon H Barham||Youngsville|
|Jerry Hundley||Wake Forest|
|Leon R Floyd||Kittrell|
GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF $1,000 – James A Blacknall of Youngsville was the big cash prize drawing winner. He received $1,000 at Wake Electric’s 2016 annual meeting. He is pictured with Reuben Matthews, president of the board of directors for Wake Electric, (district 9).
NOTE: Wake Electric has a policy that if we draw the registration card 1) of a church,business or civic organization, or 2) of an employee of Wake Electric who is also a member or 3) of a board of director of Wake Electric who is also a member, then we will grant that member a cash prize, but will draw again until a non-employee, residential account is drawn. When this occurs, more cash prizes are awarded than the number of cash prizes originally advertised. The winner falling into that category this year is: Free Salvation Holiness Church of Louisburg ($100-church).
In honor of former Board President Roy Ed Jones, Jr., who passed away last fall, his wife, Barbara Jean Jones, was presented with a memorial plaque in honor of Jones’ many years of dedicated service.